Welcome in the name of Jesus!
Saint Denis Catholic Church is a parish of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Manchester, located in Hanover, New Hampshire, near Dartmouth College. It has been a place of peace and contemplation for over one hundred years, where area residents, college students, and visitors alike are invited to find fellowship and to seek God through the teachings of His Son, Jesus Christ, in Word and Sacrament.
We invite you to join us for worship, to enjoy our hospitality, and to explore with us the Catholic faith and
Please join Fr. Brian virtually in prayer
Now that we are allowed to celebrate Mass in public, with precautions, we will continue to live stream all three weekend Mass, as well as our weekday Masses, for anyone who chooses to or who must remain at home at this time. Simply click on the box entitled "Live Streaming" below to access St Denis Masses from home. Until we can figure out if it's possible to record the Masses through the digital camera installed in church, the recording of one Mass and uploading to YouTube will not continue. We will keep you posted.
The Church is open daily for private prayer from 8:00 am- 4:00 pm. Please use the side entrance and practice social distancing from others who may be praying.
Some notes regarding Mass attendance
· Attendance is limited to 80 people per Mass to allow for appropriate distancing. Please know we have not reached that limit for any one Mass yet. Also, the basement is available for overflow seating should we need it.
· The sound on the Smart TV in the basement is fixed and so overflow seating, or for those who would feel more comfortable for your or your children's sake, is available down in the Parish Hall.
· The 5:00 PM Saturday Vigil Mass has had very small attendance these past weekends and would provide an assured opportunity for a seat.
Distribution of Holy Communion
At weekday Masses at St Denis, the distribution of Holy Communion begins as soon as Father Brian has gone into the sacristy to wash his hands and put on his protective gear, and Father will be in the sanctuary for about another 10 minutes after that to give Holy Communion to anyone who was not at Mass.
For Sunday Masses, since the distribution of Holy Communion begins the same way and lasts about 10 minutes, the distribution of Holy Communion outside of that time frame usually will not be available.
Important things to note
· One restroom is available for each Mass. Please be sure to use the restroom that has the time for the Mass you are attending on the door. That way we can thoroughly disinfect afterwards and keep the other restroom clean for the next Mass.
· The obligation we have as Catholics to attend Sunday Mass still remains suspended in the Diocese of Manchester.
· If you choose to come to Mass, a face covering is required.
· Please enter through the front/main doors of the Church.
· Holy Communion will be distributed once Mass has ended. You are asked to exit via the side door after receiving Communion.
WORSHIP AT ST. DENIS
how to find us
St. Denis Catholic Church8 Sanborn Rd
Hanover, NH 03755